Monday, March 29, 2010

A weekend with Keturah

It was a good weekend. The kind of weekend you feel in little in awe at just how good life can be. The sun was shining and the air was crisp and clear after the storms earlier in the week.


Keturah and Erik the Wonder Dog

I spent the weekend doing 'stuff' with my youngest daughter, Keturah. She is a joy, and at 17 moving on to new things. It brought a poignancy to the weekend, knowing how precious this time with her is, and how rare it will become as she grows into womanhood.



On Sunday we went to the Glen Forest Primary School Fete. It was a pure indulgence and remarkably enjoyable. Keturah had a ballet performance as part of the day's festivities.





I spent the day catching up with friends, wandering around the fete and rifling through the White Elephant Stall. It made me realize how much I've missed being a part of a community and the gentle sharing that's such a part of community life.

I was also reminded that I need to make sure the batteries in my camera are charged so I don't have to use my phone to take photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping in to say hello. It's lovely to hear from you.