Thursday, April 1, 2010

Looking for magic

I've had a lazy couple of days. Stupidly I fell down the stairs, and I've been feeling a bit battered and bruised. Nothing serious, just enough to slow me down and have a bit of a temper tantrum.



I've spent my time reading 'Hanna's Daughters' by Marianne Fredriksson and translated by Joan Tate. It was a satisfying read, full of interesting snippets of Swedish history. The characters were complex but frustrating. I'm not sure I agree with the author's summation that the life of a woman is automatically so full of anger. Then again, perhaps my current personal anger (at my clumsiness) has coloured my response.



Life is about looking for magic.



And finding it in the everyday.

3 comments:

  1. Hello and thanks for starting to follow my blog which is how I found you! Welcome to the world of blogging, I too am a newbie but am having so much fun and making so many new friends. Justine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justine. I love your blog! Not only the content... the format, the colours and, of course, the great ideas. There is a whole new world to discover here in blogsworld! Thank you for popping by. :) Kim - cumquats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, Your bunting sounds fab! Nothing wrong with a bit of stapling and once its hung up nobody will notice!! Hope your daughter has a fab birthday. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping in to say hello. It's lovely to hear from you.